Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Intro

There is a mixture of excitement and nervousness as I kick things off here at "This Are Hahn Solo". After spending what seems like a lifetime as guitarist, I've spent more and more of my time over the last few years experiencing music by way of my constantly growing record collection. Reggae, dub, and ska have been my consistent focus as I've sought out more and more soulful selections of the good stuff. After spending the last two years hosting a weekly listening session at Motor City Bar with my co-hort Carter Van Pelt, I feel like my record spinning alter ego Hahn Solo has officially arrived.

This site will be a place where I can chronicle this new journey I'm taking and share that with the outside world. Mixtapes will be posted here, and some of my thoughts about my favorite records will certainly see the light of day. And don't be surprised if some discussion of my live group Dub Is A Weapon crops up, as that remains my most direct connection to the harmonic convergence that seems to exist all around us.

In any case, thanks for checking in and I hope you like what you find

-solo

No comments:

Post a Comment